Thursday, August 17, 2006

Traveling Overseas

One of my favorite things to do when I have the time and money is to travel overseas. I have been to Mexico, The Bahamas, England, France, Italy, Spain, Algeria, Thailand, and Burma. Of these destinations my favorite by far is Thailand. One reason is that I have in-laws in Bangkok and Chaing Mai. I get along well with my in-laws and they like to travel within Thailand with me, showing us sites from a Thai perspective. The know I hate the tourist traps and take me to the more interesting places. Like I mentioned before, they want me to buy some land and a house there (In my wife's name of course) so I have a place to stay when I visit or retire. At this time they do not mind if I stay with them when I am there but they know that after a while I need some privacy. They are still the greatest in laws a farang (foreigner) could have.

No comments: