Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Check Out This Stock

I gennerally do not buy penny stocks but this morning when I was going through the financial news I cam across a biotech stock report that caught my attention.

"Palatin Technologies (PTN) announced that it has received a Notice of Allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for its U.S. Patent Application Number 11/694,260, titled "Cyclic Natriuretic Peptide Constructs." Palatin expects the patent will issue in the second half of 2009; the patent's 20-year term would expire in 2027."

I had no idea the price of this stock having never heard if it, so I looked it up and it was selling at 0.27. So I bought a few thousand shares. At first it shot straight up until it hit around 0.40, where it is hovering now. After I bought it I did a little research and found out that last year it dropped from 2.00 to 0.05. I am not really sure what this means but I put a quote box with PTN in the sidebar. I am not trying to get anyone to jump on the bandwagon, just thought that if anyone was looking for a speculative stock with patent rights to a class of drugs that may become in demand.

No comments: