Monday, September 04, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter Dead

Steve Irwin "the crocodile hunter" died while diving in the Great Barrier Reef. A stingray barb peirced his heart. You can read his obituary here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin_27

I was not particularly fond of his shows, not that I do not like programs on snakes and crocodiles, but I always felt he was a bit reckless. It would not matter to me that he was reckless with venomous animals except that so many people watched his shows and I am sure many tried to emulate him. I am not afraid of venomous snakes but I do respect them. I have never been bit by one but as I do handle them from time to time it could happen. I am sure he raise awareness for the natural world as well as educated people and that is a good thing.

No comments: