Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Military Coup in Thailand

While I was home for lunch, I watched CNN and they were talking about this military coup against the prime Minister of Thailand. When I was there about 2 years ago about half the Thais loved him and about half seemed to hate him. I was told he was a very rich man owning large corporations and that he was corrupt. Others said he was too strict on drinking hours, bar girls ands such. Disclaimer: this is just what I heard. Here is todays story: BANGKOK, Thailand - The Thai military launched a coup against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday night, circling his offices with tanks, seizing control of TV stations and declaring a provisional authority pledging loyalty to the king. The army commander took over the government and declared martial law.

No comments: