Monday, September 25, 2006

Snakes on a Planet

Not just a plane but the whole MFing Planet. We have to share this planet with snakes, lizards, bugs, sharks and every other kind of creepy crawly thing imaginable. I happen to like snakes ans no I have not seen the movie yet. I am sure it will purpetuate the ignorance of many people. I have two people in my family who will kill any snake they see, their motto being "the only good snake is a dead snake". How we share many of the same genes is a mystery to me. Snakes are beneficial, they eat rodents and keep their populations down. If rodent populations go unchecked they spread diseases like hantavirus. I would rather be bitten by a snake than get hantavirus. Most snake are harmless to humans. You could count the venomous ones in the US without even having to take off your shoes. Learn the what the few venomous ones look like, stay away from those, and you need never be afraid of snakes again.

No comments: