Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Faking Sick to get out of Work

I sure did not want to getout of bed and come to work this morning. I briefly thought about calling in sick. I have plenty of sick days and I havent taken a vacation in a year and a half. I need to schedule a vacation but I have so much work to do that I am afraid all that mess will back up on me and I will come back the even more work and along with it more stress. I could live on less pay if I had a job with less responsibility but I worry that if I do not make as much money as possible now I will not be able to retire (early I hope). I saw yesterday that some woman won a million dollars on the lottery twice. The most I have ever won is $5, I am happy for her but where is my luck. I must not be rubbing Buddahs belly enough or something.

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I buy Lotto tickets in the hope for millions however the only people who seem to win in California are just over the border maybe somewhat illegal immigrants!

I haven't called out sick in years. I actually like going to work at Starbucks. Lots of stuff goes on in the Coffee Shop and I'm not telling.

snakeflake said...

I did not fake sick that day but I sure felt like it. My job is stressful and tedious. That is on of the reasons I created this blog. I want to retire early and travel. I am sure there are others like me who are fed up with the 9-5 boring work week. I wish more people would comment on my posts even if to suggest ways to meet my goals. Thanks Coco for your response..